A morning banh mi at Banh Mi Hong Hoa

Banh Mi Hong Hoa (Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa)

Stopping for a morning banh mi at Banh Mi Hong Hoa (Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa)
Banh Mi Hong Hoa (Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa)




Related article:

Things To See In Vietnam
What To Eat In Vietnam
Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Night Tour
Ba Be Lakes Vietnam
What To Eat In Vietnam

Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa is just sort of a classic normal, but wonderful, banh mi shophouse in Saigon. In the morning is when their business thrives, with motorbikes rolling in for drive-though takeaway.

The baguettes are baked fresh, and despite selling plenty of sandwiches, when I was there, I noticed they also had quite a business of selling just plain baguettes, which were loaded into big baskets, and whisked away by motorbike delivery men – likely to other smaller banh mi vendors and bread sellers around the area.

I ordered their standard banh mi, which was of the sliced triple pork version, including grilled pork, pork sausage, and some type of luncheon meat.

Along with serving, what I thought, was an extremely well balanced bánh mì (banh mi), the owners were all extremely friendly, and despite being busy and chaotic in the morning, they seemed to really care about taking my order (whereas some other places you need to really be aggressive).


The Verdict

Of these three best banh mi sandwich stalls in Saigon that I covered in this post, Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa was my favorite, even though it’s probably the least famous of the three.

For me, this was a perfectly well balanced version of banh mi – there was just the right amount of meat, but not too much, and rich but not overpowering pâté. It was packed with thinly sliced cucumbers, fresh cilantro and green onions, and I think they had the best sweet and sour Vietnamese pickles as well.

Along with all the fresh ingredients, I also think Bánh Mì Hồng Hoa had the freshest bread, which was incredibly crispy and crusty, and fluffy on the inside, and finally, on top of the delicious banh mi, the family was extremely friendly.

Address: 62 Nguyen Van Trang
Open hours: I think they are mostly open during the morning. I arrived at about 8 am, and the banh mi was fresh and delicious, but I think they are closed in the evening
Price: 17,000 VND ($0.80)
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment